Are you planning to go for a hike? Or are you going for a long drive or travel? Or maybe the gym. No problem. I got you the easy but healthy protein bar made of good nuts, dried fruits, coconut oil, and whey protein powder. This is a vegetarian and keto-friendly protein bar. If you have a food processor, this protein bar can be made in 5 to 10 minutes. Making your own protein bar is way better and cheaper than buying the overpriced protein bars in the store plus you know what ingredients you are putting on it. And it can be stored in the freezer for a long time.
Tips: the protein bar becomes tastier if it stored in the fridge before eating.
For traveling you can cut into a bar size or pieces and wrap with a wax paper. This will last for 1 week if the temperature of the place you are traveling to is not that hot.
If you are going to the gym just cut into a bar size and put in the zip-lock bag.
These have a lot of good fats that will provide you energy.
1/2 cup almond
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup cashew nuts
1/2 cup pea-cans
1/2 cup cranberries
4-5 pieces of dates
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup milk or Almond milk
1/2 cup of organic coconut milk
- In a food processor, add the almonds
- Add the cranberries
- Then add the dried dates and pulse until the nuts get chopped up.
- Add the shredded coconut
- Add the milk and coconut milk at a time and process until the mixture blends together like a dough. It should be moist and not too wet and over sticky.
- Lastly, add the whey protein powder and run the food processor until the nuts and dried fruits are completely mixed.
- Removed the batter from the food processor and put the batter in the glass container and press evenly.
- Cover it and put in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut into 5 squares. Keep refrigerated for best texture.