Spiced Chili pickles are the famous pickles for the Indian kitchen and cuisine. This is made with green chilies, various spices, oil, and lemon/lime juice. This is vegetarian and keto-friendly. And no preservatives added. Instead of buying pickles in the store, we’re making our own. This pickle is so simple and easy to make. Chili pickle is always present in our kitchen. I and my husband love it. Spiced chili pickle goes well with fried rice and etc. On the first day of the pickle, this will be so spicy but when it gets fermented the spice level will be less. This pickle recipe that I’m sharing is one of the best recipes of Mom. She’s great at making different kinds of pickles, cooking Indian foods and even western foods.
1 cup Thai green chilies
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of ground mustard seeds
2 teaspoons of ground fennel seeds
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of sea salt
5 tablespoon of lemon/lime juice
1 tsp of mustard oil/olive oil.
- Wash the green chilies and de-stem and dry it properly
- In a small bowl mix all the dry ingredients
- Then add the lemon/lime juice and mix it well until all the spices become a paste.
- Slit the chili one by one (use gloves to do this) especially when u are using contact lenses.
- Fill the paste inside the chilies (one by one)
- Put the chilies in the jar and then add mustard oil and lemon. Then shake it
- Let the spice chili pickles ferment for 3 days to 1 week.
- Put the chili in the fridge. The pickle can last for a months.