This is a jam with three good and delicious ingredients: strawberries, organic raw honey, and organic chia seeds. This strawberry jam is keto-friendly, dairy-free, low sugar, and most of all it’s healthy. It’s gluten-free too since I choose to use chia seeds instead of using flour to make the jam a little bit thicker.
This jam is so simple and easy to prepare. I decided to make my own version to ensure my family and I are eating healthy and I wanted to learn how to make jams. I will be making other jams in the future so watch this blog.
This strawberry jam will go well with homemade gluten-free toast with butter. And it’s great for yogurt or skyr as a topping. It can be layered into a homemade gluten-free cheesecake too.
1 cup of organic strawberries
2 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Heat the sliced strawberries in a non-stick saucepan on medium heat, let it cook for 3-5 mins then start stirring it. Use a wooden spatula or potato masher to mash the fruit to your desired density.
- Add honey and stir it well.
- Then add the chia seeds stir it well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 3-5 minutes. This strawberry jam will get thicker as it cools down.
- Stir again before transferring into a glass container. (This can be served straight away with bread, it can be layered with cookies, ice cream, yogurt, and cheesecakes. This jam can last in the fridge for 1 to 2 weeks and can be stored up to 3 months in the freezer).