Cannot decide on what to make for breakfast today? Let’s try to make an omelet with okra! Bet you may have not seen this before unless you have been to Hong Kong. I encountered this tasty breakfast dish when I lived in Hong Kong and it was one of my husband’s favorite foods. (He is a bodybuilder so eats a lot of eggs!)
This easy to make. Okra contains a lot of health benefits like its a good source of fiber, it’s antioxidants, anti-diabetes, and it’s good for digestion too. if your kids are not keen on eating vegetables. Mixing veggies in the omelet is a good strategy for getting your kids to eat their vegetables!!
Preparing egg omelet with okra is easy. Avoid overcooking it. Put the mixed egg first then add the okra. cook for 2 mins and flip the other side and turn back after 2 mins and add cheese as toppings. Serve with Tabasco.
Quick Tip: Make sure the okra is thinly sliced.
1 cup of thinly sliced okra
1/2 chop Red onion
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of red chili powder (Optional)
1.Wash the okra and dry
2. Slice thinly the okra
3. Heat the frying pan on a medium heat
4. Fry the red onion until becoming a little bit brownies
5. Add a spoon of butter or avocado oil
6. In a bowl beat 4 eggs with salt and black pepper and mix it properly
7. Add the okra in the egg. Flip the other side.
8. Then flip back
9. Add the shredded cheese on top.
10. Transfer the egg to the plate and serve. Add Tabasco or catsup and enjoy.