This is the simplest and easiest snack recipe from Mom. She’s a very good baker and cook. She makes delightful snacks and sweets at home. We both love making food at home and making our own than buying from stores. So, I’m sharing her recipe.
Sesame has a lot of healthy benefits like its good for skin, good for digestions, and it helps strengthen your bones. Also, this is so good especially during winter or cold weather, it provides heat and energy to the body.
Sesame crunchy brittle will last, you can have this as a snack and when you travel.
- 1 cup of white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of sugar cane/Muscovado
- 1 tablespoon of Baking powder
- 1 tsp ghee
1. Heat sugar canes on the pan on medium heat and stir until a smooth slurry is formed. And then add 1 teaspoon of ghee.
2. Before pouring the sesame seeds, the best way to test if the sugar cane is ready, is to test in the cold water then break it.
3. Pour 2 cups of sesame seeds.
4. Stir well.
5. Cook the sesame seeds stir it often, until the mixture turns into caramel color, about 5 to 8 minutes.
6. Pour it into a baking sheet.
6. On top of it, cover with another baking sheet. Put a towel under so the baking sheet will not get slide while you are rolling it.
7. Continue rolling it until it become evenly flat.
8. Cut it into your desired sizes.
9. Separate it and store it in a sealed container.
10. Enjoy the crunchy sesame brittle.