Bicol Express is a popular Filipino dish. It is
usually made with pork but here I put a twist on this using wild-boar meat, I decided to make this popular dish my own. I prefer to used wild-boar meat since it has no added hormones, no antibiotics, no additives and no steroids.
Lets get started!
- 2 lbs. wild-boar cubed
- 1 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup shrimp paste/Thai curry sauce/
- 3 green chili and 3 red chili
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash the chunks of meat and ensure to drain all the water (wild-boar meat)
- Fry the wild-boar meat for 5 to 10 mins until it becomes medium brown
- Put the garlic, ginger, and onion and saute for 3 mins
- Once the onion and garlic becomes brown, add the shrimp paste. Stir.
- Pour-in the coconut milk. Stir. You can also add some of the pepper if desired. Bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for 40 minutes or until the meat is tender. Add water as needed.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Share and enjoy!
To make it more delicious and yummy add coconut milk/coconut cream. ( If you are don’t like hot chili) no need to put chili. You can put Korean green chili instead. In the said dish chili is always present, you can use Thai red or green chili or if you want to make it more spicy ghost pepper or Serrano is another option.